Friday, March 1, 2013

Push Circuit 2

It's mornings like today that I wish I were more of a morning person.

But I'm not. I'm very much a sleep person. I'm not really a late-night person either, unless I'm in the groove of a major project like dyeing a ton of yarn or knitting a really exciting project or reading a really good book. I've been known to inadvertently pull all-nighters on those. Really, I lose track of time and then suddenly it's 3 or 4 am and I realize that I have to leave for work  in just a few scant hours.  Most of the time, 11 pm hits and I am bushed, and then I want to sleep for 10 hours.

Anyways, I'm headed to a brewery after work to have a table for my BeerSox during their tour.  This is the first time I've done this since being on Weight Watchers. Normally, I'm all, "Hey, free beer!" and I have 4 or 5 generous pours. Of some pretty hefty beers ranging from 6-9% ABV.  12 ounces of a 5% is 5 points. And it's approximate that 12 ounces of an X% ABV beer is about X points. A pint is 16 ounces. So that makes about 40-45 points, depending on the beer chosen.  My daily points allocation is 31 points. I generally earn 3-7 points in activity each day, so my daily total is around 34-38 points.  I usually use 7 points for a beer each day, if I have room.  Today, I am aiming to use the small taster glass so that I can still try variety, but can curtail the volume.  And who knows what food options are going to be available.  I may need to work out more after going home. I'm going in with a plan, now. And I'm going to be tracking, tracking, tracking!

That's all to say, that I won't be working out after work, unless it's after getting home from the brewery.

So this morning, I had a list of stuff to finish!
1. workout. Push Circuit 1 is 35 minutes of mostly shoulders and lunges. I did manage to stay in the 10, 15, 20 lbs range rather than going down to 5 for a few of the delt exercises.
2. load up car with BeerSox stuff. I think I have everything. It's a pretty well-oiled machine by now.
3. shower
4. change out laundry
5. get breakfast

Things I forgot to do, and then realized I would have failed at anyways:
Fix lunch and high protein snack for the brewery
Reasons why I would have failed: I have no fish at home, I would have brought grilled chicken and salad and then not been able to eat it because it's Friday. And it's Lent.

You win some, you lose some.

And then you go to work.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment