Thursday, March 21, 2013

Weight Use Update

In my progress report, I failed to update the weights I'm using at the end of the Push Circuit.
So here goes:

Lower Body: 25-30 lbs
back: 25 lbs
chest: 15 lbs
shoulders: 10 lbs
tri: 10 lbs
bi: 15 lbs

So I didn't quite push as much as I wanted. My shoulders and tri are difficult to build up, but I've made progress on the lower body. I would go higher than 25-30 lbs, but my hands get tired holding the weight. Really. It's my hands gripping the weights and not my leg muscles that fail first. I think I need to really focus on doing some forearm curls to build up that muscle so I can grip the weights more effectively.

I honestly feel like I have to take a break and re-grip halfway through 6 rep when I use that heavy of weights. I also have issues supporting my weight on my whole hand. I know that I need to put my palms down and focus on supporting there, but I end up putting all of my fingers down and holding the heel of my hand up when doing pushups or planks. My wrists aren't that strong and this gives them a bit of ease. But it compromises my form. And it compromises my support.

I have things to work on.

I know this next month, the Lean Circuit, will incorporate a plank row. And I've seen the effects of the Lean Circuit in other reviews, so I'm looking forward to really really leaning down. If I can. There's a lot of travelling this next month. Denver. Fort Worth. Easter.

I'm sticking with the program. I'm WORKING IT! And then I'll start TurboFire because I want this to continue in the right direction.

I earned my 5 lbs award at Weight Watchers today. After we'd discussed how many points I spend on craft beer each day. They have no idea how I've done it. I say:
-track it
-Work out a TON
-Eat Efficiently

  • high protein
  • high fiber
  • lots of veggies
  • lots of fruit
  • Shakeology for breakfast every day
  • MAKE IT COUNT
I realize that my drinking craft beer is not efficient. But it's enjoyable. And I like it. I also love food. But it's easier to make food that is good for me and enjoyable than it is to make really good beer that is low in ABV. So I'll waste a bit on alcohol, but not too much, and I'll eat so that I'm getting all of the protein and greens I need to build muscle and feed my body, while loving what I'm eating. I much prefer this 7 point dish:
3 ounces baked chicken breast
1/4 cup Spicy Nothings Curry
1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 cup kale

To this 7 point dish:
Smart Ones Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

So I'll cook more. And keep leftovers ready for bringing to work.

Onward.
Upward.
Slimward.

~Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment