Thursday, March 7, 2013

Yesterday

I know, I posted updates yesterday, but I missed the meat!

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting with my mom and I am down almost 2 pounds from last week's weigh-in, so next time, I hope to reach a 5 lb goal there. I have updated my weight tracking so that I have separate lines for weigh-ins I do at home in the buff and those that I do at the weight watchers meetings.  I figured it would be better than combining the two. Right?

I also signed up for ActiveLink and am in the assessment stage. So for 8 days, I can't track any of my own activity. And I don't get the activity points until the end. This will be frustrating, since I have been expending just about every single point each week. Daily, Weekly, and about 35 Activity points. Next week, I won't have that activity cushion until it's over! eek!

It's an accelerometer that measures movement in all three directions. I'm pretty familiar with accelerometers since they are the basis of my profession right now! We'll see how this goes. I'm supposed to just be normal for 8 days while it assesses my action. What is normal for me? Now I'm thinking about it too much. Do I opt out of things I've planned because they're not normal activity? No. I'm just going to do as planned. And try not to throw in extra things that I wouldn't normally do, right?

It's pretty small, the size of a thumb drive, about (actually, it is a thumb drive). And it's waterproof, so I could wear it swimming or in the shower. I don't quite know how I'd wear it in the shower, though. There's a case that has a necklace hole, but I figure, since there's nothing to clip it to in the shower, I'll just wait until afterwards to put it on. I'm not doing squats in the shower or anything.

Back to that "what is normal" question.

First thing after getting home was to do my Push Circuit 1 workout.

Then, it was time to tackle a monster.
This is my back room, which is actually in the front of the house, I just call it a back room because work rooms are always in the back and it just flows off my lips much easier than front room or storage room or work room and it's not really an office. It is grand central for all things BeerSox. Inventory is kept here, displays are kept here, supplies are kept here, and yarn is dried here. And my boyfriend's clothes are in here and my sewing stuff is in here, but I can't get to it because so much crap stuff is in the way.
In December, I got rid of the bed in the room and brought in the console as a stop-gap measure. It has made things a bit easier.  But I'm just not utilizing the space the way that I should. And what is the impetus to change things that have needed to be changed for a long time? 
COMPANY!

I'm hosting a band of a friend on Monday night and we needed a place to set up a blow up mattress, which means that I needed a more efficient storage system so that I could have a clear center of the room. (and perhaps be able to use my sewing machine again)


What you don't see is that there are still 4 boxes of teeshirts on the left side behind the clothing rack. 

Skitz oversees the work
And so. It was time to get the teeshirts out of opaque, non-sorted boxes and into some clearly labeled bins. That was my task. This involved much lifting, rolling, and placing in bins of shirts. Organizing shirts, moving bins, moving shirts, and walking between three rooms because that is where the space was.

We bought 1 stand-alone wardrobe to put together and 1 shelving unit. The wardrobe was the first task, since I figured it would be best to move from one side of the room to the other, clearing space and leaving room.

James was in charge of putting together the wardrobe. It's good, suits the purpose, but the height is a bit short for two hanging racks on top of each other. Shirts hung on the bottom one dust the floor and pants hung on the top one dust the shirts.  So we're looking into solutions to make it a bit higher. we may need to put some drawers on the bottom underneath the towers. If it can still be stabilized.


Garment rack from Lowe's

So pretty much, a ton of activity on a day that we usually just sit on the couch and run through episodes of Doctor Who. But it's coming along! I'll let you know when the whole thing is finished. Right now, the shirts are organized and stored on top of the garment rack and James' clothes are transferred over.  The closest wall to the indoor doorway is organized. The drying rack is stowed away, and the living room no longer looks like a tornado went through it.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment