Monday, March 25, 2013

Apparently

Restricting my diet plus working out has been leading to me wanting to go overboard on the weekends. To just not count, not feel guilt at every bite. Not think about what the choices I'm making are. For just a day, or two.

Add that restlessness & PMS, period, and cold weather, and you get COMFORT FOOD KATIE.

I was bad this weekend.

I tried halfheartedly to make better food choices.
Saturday, I chose a grilled chicken salad. And 3 beers. And then some tater tots. And then margaritas & smorgasbord snacking.
Sunday, I did my workout, then walked to lunch, and had a Bloody Mary, and a beer, and pulled pork eggs Benedict. And then had a couple beers. Then had fish & lentils & cauliflower & wine at dinner. Along with a few tastes of truffled Mac & Cheese.

All in all, I made 1 better choice each day. The rest were the Katie that was steadily growing. Some was environmental. Working a pub crawl & going to a party. Some were hormonal. Starting my period & wanting comfort food & to just curl up in a warm bath.

And I only halfheartedly tracked.

So this week, I have to watch it. I must plan. I must also stick to my plan.

So no, I did not make progress this weekend. I'm reticent to enter the weight I saw on the scale this morning. But I'm trying to keep it real. These are struggles. But this is not the end. I have goals. Small ones and big ones. I know that I want to lead a healthier life. I know that I want to support a healthier body. I want to get stronger & I want to drive on. So I will.

I will not take this as a failure in full. I will take it as a learning point. I need to make some lower points value comfort foods this week. I need to let myself feel like I'm indulging, but plan it out more so that I don't start the bad habit of not counting on the weekends.

What are your pitfalls that you struggle with?

~Katie


PS. I did go back and track the numbers. Though I didn't track which beers I had, so I am still a bit on the low side for those points. I did try to be as honest about my serving sizes as I can recall, and I didn't use ALL of my weekly points this weekend.

I did make a number of decisions that I wouldn't have made 4 months ago.
Water between almost all of the beers. Eschewing the bacon & olives on the salad. Choosing the fish rather than the mac&cheese & pizza.

So I'm learning. I'm adapting. And I walked to lunch today. And ate what I'd looked up online before to be 7 points, only. I have oranges & almonds on hand at the office so I don't arrive home STARVING tonight.

I'll get my cardio workout in and then go for a walk with James & Riley. So I have plenty of activity planned this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment