Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Some days, you just know

Yesterday, after work, I still felt rather blah. And I couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding.

So I grabbed some peanut butter on toast and watched an episode of Game of Thrones while I digested and ran some laundry through the cycle. It was my pre-reward for working out.

And then, I did Monday's workout, well, okay, I did HALF of Monday's workout. I did the Burn It Off! But not the Recharge. And I'm fine with that. I'm listening to my body, and my body just wanted that. A burst of activity. Just enough to work out the aches.

As I was recovering and recording my progress, I received the news that, after a very long, difficult slide into Alzheimer's, my grandmother passed away.

Please pray for the repose of my Nan's soul.

Nan with her three daughters, my aunts, on her 80th birthday
She was an amazing woman. Played organ to pay her way through school. I remember her elephant collection (she was a lifelong Republican), the Mardi Gras beads under the double ovens that we would play parade and "cooking" with, her delicious coffee cake, beef tenderloin with blue cheese & mushrooms, and impeccable yorkshire pudding. She loved to play piano and sang in the Resurrection choir at her church in her later years. She was a card shark. She raised 7 wonderful children. And we will all miss her ability to see the sunshine through the rain.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment