Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Some Days

by a.bower
Some days, I feel like a lump.

I don't want to wake up early.

I don't want to get to work on time (okay, so no one really pays attention to when I get in as long as I'm getting my work done and get in before 10 am and don't leave at 3 pm).

And I lunkerhead. I get up at the last possible moment to get my teeth brushed, put on decent clothes, feed the animals, grab snacks for work, and make a shake to drink on the way to work.

Because I know that I have time after work to work out. And I do.

But those days. Those days are also the days that I feel bumply, lumpy, bloated, fat, and like I'm not making any progress at all.  Those days, like today, are the days that I have to try really hard to make sure that I'm NOT being a bump on a log.

So today, today I am going to walk to lunch. And I will have a great lunch with protein, and veggies, and a little bit of fat & dairy. I have to figure out the points when I get there and may need to bring some back for an afternoon snack or for lunch tomorrow. Oh, yes, lunch tomorrow! I'm going to Weight Watchers with my mom tomorrow at lunchtime and will need to have food ready at work for afterwards.

So today, I will not be a lump on a log.

I will walk.

I will work.

I will work out after work.

And I will  have a great date night with my man.

Because I weigh in tomorrow and I can't let myself misbehave. I would like to make it below 180 by Friday even though I've been pretty much stagnant all week.  MUST MOVE MORE!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment