Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oh, okay

FYI: this is a bit more of the mental health side type blog post.

So, as I was driving home from work, all of the pressure started hitting me. All of the career pressure, small business pressure, fitness pressure, and maintaining a relationship pressure. All of the balls in the air suddenly seemed too much. And I was driving. And I needed to grab fish to cook for dinner because it's Friday, and it's Lent and we only have chicken at the house.

For normal people, that's just life. You prioritize, move on, and deal with it.

I'm not that kind of normal. I'm the panic attack kind. So I managed to make it through traffic and through the grocery store & home while keeping the wolves back just enough to function.

And then, then I cleaned. By the time I'd cleaned enough to get my heart rate down to something manageable and had the ability not to want to throw very heavy things, I was exhausted & hungry. And so I did not do Burn Circuit 3 as planned. I had dinner, and took some deep breaths, and curled up next to my boyfriend and watched a show or two. And settled into the comfort of being loved for being me, flaws and all.

I have a rest day planned on Sunday, so I'm doing today's workout tomorrow and tomorrow's on Sunday.

~Katie

PS dinner tonight was magical. Who knew that throwing diced tomatoes & sliced mushrooms in a hot skillet then steaming the fish (salmon-like) seasoned with Tony Chachery's with them would taste so divine? The mashed potatoes were also quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment