Monday, February 18, 2013

Giving up bread & pasta

When deciding my Lenten sacrifice, I wanted to truly make a change. I could give up alcohol like years past. But I would fail. I'm not ready for that.

I'm making changes to my diet & choices. So where do I break down the most when it comes to choices? When I need something quick & easy. When I'm lazy.

What do I go for? Pizza, pasta, sandwich, chips. Basically anything with bread or pasta or made from dough. So that's my sacrifice. Things made with dough. Tortillas, chips, pasta, bread, etc.

It's not easy. It won't be easy. I'm on the fence as to whether batter counts. But pancakes and cake are close enough to bread that I'm nixing it, too.

Starches I'm allowing? Rice, quinoa, polenta, oatmeal. Real grains. Hearty grains.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment