Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Here we go again! Weight Watchers

So a big part of my struggle is with my intake. I've been eschewing tracking because I don't really want to be honest about what I eat and what I drink every day. And I've been shooting myself in the foot. As evidenced by the only slight change I experienced over the past month.

My mom emailed me with an idea. Join Weight Watchers meetings with her for Lent. Commit to going to the meetings and tracking and using the tools for the rest of Lent.

She used to be a leader & weight watchers has been a side part of my life for a very long time. And I have always thought that I could tackle my weight without it. I could "do by self" to quote a two year old me. This past summer, I used the etools to moderate success. I lost 10 pounds or so. Then I fell off the deep end and stopped tracking & ballooned up t20 lbs. So starting again & committing the hour a week (or two hours today) seemed like too much. When I'm already stressed about what I'm eating, how I'm working out, putting in the work at work that I need to, spending social time with loved ones, and investing time in my business, how am I supposed to cope with one more thing?

How am I supposed to add another thing into a bag that's already bursting?

Except then reason stepped in. This is a tool. It is an organizational method to manage a few of those things that I'm handling loose-pack. It gives me a focus for how to plan meals and how to think about things.

So maybe it's one more hour a week. Maybe, just maybe, it will alleviate some of the load. I have promised to follow through, so I will follow through.

~Katie

2 comments:

  1. Katie - I don't attend meetings but I have been tracking using the WW mobile app. It's how I've lost 20 lbs. I don't always track diligently but it really does help regulate how I eat and the choices I make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I do a mental high five to you when you post milestones! I just guess I didn't have the stick-to-it willpower to overcome wanting to let it all go and enjoy myself while getting to know a certain someone. Weekly meetings will hopefully instill some regularity & also, I get to see my mom each week!

      Delete