Monday, April 29, 2013

Recharge

This weekend was, well, yet another indulgent weekend!

I'm not going to beat myself up. Really. I paid for it already with a belly that has no idea how to process the food I gave it this weekend.

I made up yesterday's workout after work tonight.

Right now, I almost feel like I'm just plain not working hard enough. The schedule is mostly abs & stretching based alternating with burn circuit. I am most definitely working hard on the burn circuit workouts! I'm used to dead lifts by now, I've done a lot of them. But I really worked Burn circuit 2 hard on Saturday, and I can feel it in my hamstrings.

Yesterday, I simply was overwhelmed and made a priority of spending time with good friends who I haven't seen in a while. That was the right choice.

Today, I had a really long day at work, and still need to finish up some grading. I got home, had some food: chobani flip & two slices of Ezekiel bread with laughing cow creme cheese. I let it digest and sat in a bit of contemplative stillness, and got ready for my workout.

I did Extreme Abs from ChaLEAN Extreme followed by Recharge. I needed the Recharge. And the Extreme Abs was difficult enough to work through some frustration with the long day, and gain some balance.

Ahhh.

Now back to the grindstone.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment