Monday, April 22, 2013

Recovery & a Weekend Well-spent

I am mostly healed from the sickness of last week.

On Saturday, I started the TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme Hybrid Program with the Stretch 40 while at our Airbnb hosts in Fort Worth.  Now, I had forgotten my yoga mat, and that is a program you need a yoga mat for. I have noted this, and I will now need to remember to pack that in my retinue.

It was a long, long day, and I was still feeling a bit poorly. We set up at 10 am, and broke down at 9 pm. There was beer. We shared an 8 inch brisket pizza. We also shared 2 sliders, there were two flavors, so we each had half of one. And I had packed a couple protein-packed bars for emergency energy.  That day wiped us out!

We did indulge that evening with food and full-sized beers at the Flying Saucer before crashing just before midnight. I did not follow any portion control & had fried chicken and mashed potatoes with a hefty side of broccoli. I had earned 125% of my daily ActiveLink Challenge, so I didn't count it as too much of a loss.

Brunch on Sunday was indulgent, but dinner was reasonable.

I weighed in on Monday morning a tiny bit less than I weighed on Friday morning. So I'm counting this as an overall win. Wouldn't you?

I think that this is the first weekend in a while that my weight on Monday is less than my weight on Friday in a long while! So yay for new habits forming! Yay for things starting to sink in to my subconscious about portion control!  Yay for indulging, but not breaking! Yay for a continuing downward trend!

160's here I come! I'm just a couple pounds away from you, right now!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment