Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Under the Weather

Since starting this escapade, I have not really felt physically ill. Low in spirit a few times? Sure. But physical symptoms more than just allergies? Nope. Nada.

Sunday, I started feeling a bit raw in my throat.

Monday, I felt really low in energy. A bit fuzzy in the brain. And the raw throat would not go away.

Tuesday, I stayed home. The full-body ache had settled in and I was feeling so icky and sore throaty that I could not get out of bed except to go to the couch. I alternated between cold and hot things to eat and drink. Anything that would soothe my throat. Shakeology, blended lemonade, I walked down the street to get some ginger chicken ramen (and drank all the broth), I had more blended lemonade. By the evening, I was ravenous. I had been taking in calories, but I was still ravenous. A healing body certainly burns calories. I gave in to my cravings and ordered the first pizza since January. And ate 4 pieces. It was SOOOOO good. And this morning, I'm back down to the weight I was yesterday. Because my body is working overtime to just heal.

Today, I'm still feeling under the weather, but the sore throat is mostly gone. The headache has settled in. The weakness persists. But I came in to work. Because my cleaners come in the afternoon & I hate canceling on them and I don't like being there sick when they're there cleaning.

So tonight, I plan on trying to fit in a couple of exercises, but not necessarily a full workout. I don't think I can handle that.  All in this last week!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment