Friday, April 5, 2013

Low

Do you have weeks that just feel like there's a weight on you?

Like no amount of motivation will gear you up?

Everything seems too much, or too late, or rushed?

For me, that's this week.

Monday, I could not get myself out of bed in the morning. I ran late to work. I got home and just needed to take a hot bath and crawl into bed early. And I did.

Tuesday, after work, I got in my workout and some.

Wednesday, I could not get out of bed on time and only did half of my workout before rushing off to work, late.

Thursday, yesterday, I slept. I had a long day at work, I didn't go to the Weight Watchers meeting, just weighed in, and I had a long therapy session/ADHD assessment (we'll see what the results are later). I got home around 8 pm, starving, and ate. My plan was to rest, digest, and then do my cardio. But I pretty much just sank into the couch. I didn't move. I didn't watch anything on TV in particular. I actually cycled through my DVR and the TV guide for about half an hour without settling on one thing for more than 5 minutes. And then, I listened to my body and took a hot bath.

This morning, my bed, it had the gravity. And I got started on my workout later than planned, so I only got through the first 2/3rds of Lean Circuit 1. And I feel bushed. I feel drained. I feel like my body could do more, but that my spirit is flagging.

And I know that tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm going to try to get in something cardio in the morning. And then, then it is tax day. I will finish my taxes. Because I procrastinate. And I will be out of town next week, so I can't put it off longer.

Denver may be what the doctor ordered. I know a few people there, but for the most part, I want to just work out, go to class, have dinner/beer, and go to bed. Real life is not there. It's like a small vacation for me, where I work the whole time?

This week has been a trial in lowness. I know I can snap out of it, but I'm not. I'm trying to eat fuel. I have fruit and veggies at every meal. I'm getting in my nutrition. But I'm just not getting with it.

That's okay. I recognize it. And I just have to recommit. Reinvigorate. And forgive myself. Give myself what I need (which apparently this week is rest and relaxation).

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment