Thursday, May 2, 2013

5% & 5 lbs

I like looking at trends. They give me comfort.

I also like milestones.

Today marked 5 lbs down from starting Weight Watchers. And it marked losing 5% of my starting weight.


Looking over the past performance these 10 weeks, I've lost 10 lbs. (or so) at this rate, it will be October before I'm at my goal weight. And while on one hand, I'm excited that it's within a year, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not as soon as I want it to be. And I know that I can make some changes each week that will get me to that goal sooner rather than later.

I really want to increase my rate of loss to 2 lbs/week so I can be at my goal weight for my big summer trip to Nova Scotia and my cousin's wedding celebration in San Francisco. If I gear up to 2 lbs/week, every week, I'll be at my goal weight by August 1st, right on time!

This is a chart with my current weight loss and projected weight loss if I lose a certain amount each week.



So now I have a weekly goal to reach!

~Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for commenting that you still read my blog. I clicked over here and I'm inspired by your workout tracking. Congrats on your 5% milestone!

    My goal weight is basically 140 lb too! I've unofficially followed WW before but since February I've been doing the 17 Day Diet as closely as I can. When I started out I was still pointing what I ate but I soon found that I was always right at or below my allowed points so that was cool. I've not made it through all four cycles consecutively... I keep having weekends where I mess it all up, (it's amazing to see how much bloaty type weight beers and nachos and ice cream, etc. puts on!) but it has worked fairly well for busting past the plateau I'd hit with just WW pointing. Now if I can just get these last 10 lb or so off! Ugh. I've been running for 45 min at least twice a week, doing yoga 3 times a week and doing upper body low-weight high-rep 5 times a week. But I think I'll have to ramp up the exercise a bit more to get there. Will follow your blog for ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! Right now, it's a bit of a low motivation moment, but I'm trying to get through the wall. I've never really looked into the 17 Day Diet, but I'll have to, now!

      Delete