Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Good Feeling

I started the day full of angst. I wanted, literally, to throw & break things. I figured I'd workout tonight until it was worked through.

My bad mood was accompanied by a racing heart. It had been this way since 9 pm. I was full of anxiety and frustration with something that I couldn't identify clearly. 

When this happens, I write. Train of thought writing helps to organize & identify my thoughts while allowing for refinement of word use. I usually also need to write TO someone or a group of someones to garner the idea of audience. 

I wrote.

I revised.

I wrote again.

I wrote it out until something clicked. When it clicked, when that one particular feeling was identified and clearly expressed, all of the angst fell away. My heart rate returned to normal, after about 12 hours of semi-panic attack levels. And I could get going with my day sans 10 minute interruption to fume or ruminate.

This is huge to me. 

It's a mental health hurdle.

I also had a non-scale milestone!

My black work slacks? The ones that, at size 14, were still tight on the waistband in January? Well, I still wear them. But today, I pulled them off without unclamping or unzipping them. And could pull them back on. Freshly washed & dried, too. Guess who needs a new pair of black work pants, now?

My new size 31 skinny jeans that I bought as a dangling carrot a couple weeks ago? I can button them & zip them! There's too much muffin-top to wear them out, still, but DUDE! I can button & zip them without too much difficulty. A less vain person would say that they fit. 

So here's the current photo update, and a sweaty face! I track two weeks from yesterday! Next week is heavy cardio, so I'm sure the numbers will drop! And the inches with them! Thinking about doing an intermediate measurement tonight. We'll see!
Yes! Look at the upper belly! There's waist shaping coming along really well! I'm getting my torso back!
Burn Circuit 2 completed! I did Stretch 10 after this photo. Sweaty sweaty!

~Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment