Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting Back in the Saddle

So.

I'm up about 5 lbs from the last time I posted.

Why?

1. Instead of throwing out/bringing to work all of the leftover caramel/chocolate popcorn & cupcakes from James' birthday celebration, I kept it in the house. This means that I had a serving (or two or three) each day.

2. I have been flagging on my workouts. Doing them halfway, or just not at all.

3. We've been out of palatable Shakeology for over a week. The Tropical Strawberry is disgusting in my opinion, and that's all we had until the next shipment of chocolate came in, we were SOL. In that week and a half, I realized how much starting my day with Shakeology has helped curb my cravings for SWEETS! I wasn't eating breakfast, so, at lunch, I went hog-wild.

4. I let myself 'celebrate' fitting into smaller pants. BY EATING.

5. I was just plain tired of 'being good'.  Do you get that? Do you, every so often, after months of being on track, just want to not care anymore? I do, I just get so burnt out of watching what I eat, making good decisions, eschewing high-sugar and high-fat dishes, watching my portions.

But now, I feel like I've let myself down. I'm ruining any enjoyment I got by beating myself up. But, guess what? I totally enjoyed every moment of indulgence. One week. Just one week.

I'm ready to recommit. I'm ready to get back on the saddle, to get back to my workouts and get back to reaching for my goals. Because a week from tomorrow, I'll be tracking. So I need to really focus on my diet and my exercise for the next week. And there's a wedding on Saturday, and wedding events on Friday and Thursday. But I can stay strong, I can moderate. I can dance and play and make sure that I enjoy life as more than just good food and beverages, right?

Goal: fit into those nice new jeans that I bought, and those new slacks.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment