Monday, July 8, 2013

Work It Out

Today, I decided to combat stress in new ways. I prepared for lunch, and dinner, at the office. I have a big meeting next week, and I want to be fully ready for it. I know I will be, but until then, I have self-imposed 12 hour days. 

This means that normally, I would be stocking up soda & gummy candy for late night writing sessions. Yes, my psyche still thinks that this will somehow make my synapses fire more quickly.

In order to prepare for the day, and the sweet cravings, I packed some chobani bites in a chocolate/coffee flavor. I also went to Zoe's Kitchen for lunch. I ordered a lean turkey pita with a side of fruit for lunch, and another to take with me for dinner.

When dinner time came around, I was very glad to have good, solid food available that didn't weigh me down.


I was also happy that I took a walk in the middle of the day.

I got home late, and did my slated workout of Fire 45 & Abs 10 from TurboFire, and now am having a recovery beer, which is within my points for the day.



Shower, sleep, repeat for the next week.

I am determined to keep the bad effects of stress at bay with clean eating and exercise. The good effects of stress, I'll keep. Like focus, productivity, and focus.

And having a plan for lunch & dinner every day is rather nice. As well, we received our shipment of PB2 from Amazon today, so I'll be bulking up my Shakeology in the mornings! For some reason, the word got out about PB2, and all of the grocery stores that carry it have been completely out every time we go shopping for the past month.

~Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment