Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fire 60

Last night, I upped the ante. I've been on & off on doing my workouts (as noted) and this past weekend, I decided to do Fire 60, which was assigned earlier in the week & I missed it. 

Well, I really liked it. The music is good. The workout is good.

It's broken up into 3 20-minute sessions (vaguely) broken up by fire drills.

Warm up
Cardio left & right lead
Fire drill twice
Cardio left & right lead
Fire drill twice
Finale cardio left & right lead
Cool down

Unlike the main programs, there is no "new to class" that breaks everything down. You just have to jump in & use what you've learned through the main program of TurboFire. Fire 60 is part of the advanced pack, so this makes sense.

For me, I think just jumping in, figuring it out, and not taking breaks in between sets helped me stay on target.  The first time I did it, I had to convince myself to not take a long break (or stop) after the fire drills.

Last night, I felt like I needed intense so I subbed Fire 60 for my workout again.

 
See how excited I am? How did that happen? Well, I decided to fire up the music. That means that the music is in the foreground & Chalene's instructions are rather faintly in the background. Normally, I don't fire up the music. I like hearing the cues & the advice.  But last night, I lost myself in it. The music helped me work out some rhythm issues on some of the moves.

I may have to keep with that trend.

I track on Friday.

And on Thursday, I have a big BeerSox at the brewery event. Eek!

I will have to either work out double, really keep a handle on the special brews, or (more likely) delay tracking until Saturday and fit in an extra hard workout on both Friday & Saturday.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment