Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tracking Update July

The day for picture-taking has come!

Okay, so I wasn't as jazzed about it as it seems. I woke up and weighed in, and did not like what I saw, so I did my workout for the day and then weighed in a bit closer to what I was expecting.

I've been stress-eating a lot this week, and last night curled up on the couch with James and marathon watched The IT Crowd for the entire evening. I made a healthy dinner for us and then ruined it with gummy bears.

But that's neither here nor there.

I can see the small amounts of progress I've made this month. I'm finding that TurboFire is trimming my waistline A LOT! Right at my bellybutton is where it's trimming, and the upper haunches. For Beachbody tracking, the waist is measured horizontally around the bellybutton rather than at the smallest part of your torso. This just gives it a consistent position, because your bellybutton never moves. But what I'm noticing is that as my belly trims up, it does so unevenly. I'm slimming right around the bellybutton, but right below it, on the lower abdomen, it's trimming at a slower rate. I do think it's still trimming up, but with the uneven rates, it makes my lower abdomen pooch out further and it does weird things to how I view myself.  Rationally, I know what is happening, the lower abdomen on women does retain more fat, and it's stubborn fat. It's there to be a cushion for pregnancy (whether one it pregnant or not). But emotionally, seeing it pooch out feels like it's getting bigger, when really, it's just getting smaller at a slower rate.

My hips and lower abdomen are the slowest region for slimming down. I really want to wear my new jeans, but I don't want muffin top. I can button and zip them, but they're too tight, still.

Without further ado, here's the photographic evidence. Every time I get frustrated with my progress, or feel that it's just not worth it, I like to have the photos to show myself just how far I've come, and what a difference I've made.




I'll be shopping for the 5 Day Inferno tomorrow and updating through the week as to my progress!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment