Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So Maybe This Works

Sunday was an indulgent day for me.

I gave in fully to my stress eating habit. I also spent some great quality time curled up on the couch with James. Because that's just how that goes.

Hence, my weigh in yesterday morning was 172.5. Which is WAY higher than I've weighed in at for a number of weeks.

I figured it was temporary, and I made a huge effort yesterday to maintain portion control & reach the balance that the 5 day Inferno uses for food.  Okay, not so huge that I followed the recipes. But I did lay off of the BBQ lunch at my lunch meeting. I had a chicken thigh (didn't eat the skin) and I had a small amount of butter-drenched green beans.

At about 5 pm, I went over to the grocery store & stocked up on low sodium tuna, fruits, veggies, yogurt almond butter, light & low sodium pop corn, kale, etc.  This way, I can get closer to achieving the eating every 2.5 hours, and having the right types of foods at the right times.

And, after yesterday's marathon day, and then working out for 20 minutes and getting relaxed enough to sleep by 1 am (and rising at 6 am, completely out of character), I weighed in under 170 today.  If I keep this up, I may actually make some of my goals by the end of the week.

I want to do the full 65 minutes of workout tonight, so I need to get home a bit earlier than I did yesterday.

I'm using the Pomodoro technique to help me focus at work, and have no idea why I never seriously tried this before. Scheduled work/break rhythms. This is a very good thing.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment