Monday, June 9, 2014

I Get Knocked Down

Rather, I knock myself down.

I was pretty good all week. I ate 85% well. I exercised. I was at it.

And then the weekend came. I actually did pretty well on Friday night out. Not too many extras, and a healthy salad for dinner.

Saturday was where I took a turn for the worse. My leg workout on Friday combined with salsa dancing Friday night left my quads & booty screaming. I didn't want to make breakfast, so I convinced James it was a great idea to go to Downhouse for brunch. Then went shopping and then to celebrate a birthday with a friend at our favorite beer bar. 3 pints and 5 hours later, we were back home and made the time-honored decision to order pizza for a late dinner. We watched movies and gorged, and no, I didn't get my workout in.

Sunday, we went to brunch with mom for her birthday, and then had plans to really get things done at home. Which ended up just being a TV marathon, and ordering pasta for dinner. However, there were only calories in one of my drinks that day. The kicker is that I still didn't make any effort to clean the house, do a workout, or really do anything other than be a couch potato.

And that pound I lost over the past week was packed right back on. I know, it's just a pound. But pounds add up, and habits add up.

I let myself be sore and that soreness intensified because I didn't do my workouts.

So I need to make changes.

- I started going back to Weight Watchers meetings last Friday (which made me feel bad for gaining weight, but you do what you have to)
- I am starting tracking again today
- I'm determined to do my workouts each day
- I am determined to do my chores each day

Because nothing will change unless I make that change.

(PS I did all the leftover weekend dishes this morning & started the day with Shakeology & packed my lunch & lunchtime workout clothes. Even if I jog just a mile, it should help get the lactic acid out of my muscles and then I can do the Pilates workout this evening)

No comments:

Post a Comment