Friday, June 27, 2014

A Good Trend

I'll admit that I didn't work out last night or the night before.

However, I've been paying attention to what I put in my mouth lately. So there's that?

One of the metrics I keep track of is not just my daily weight, but also a trend which is the average of the surrounding 7 weights. This helps to take away some of the chatter.


The pink in the background is my weight at home, and that purple is the moving average.

For reference, here are some milestones plotted on top.


As you can see, even when I was doing really well at losing weight swiftly, I had quite a bit of chatter and yo-yo weigh-ins. So much so that the moving average was even pretty chattery.

Now look at the section after the honeymoon. The trend is smooth. There isn't as much deviation from the trend, either. Nearly every weigh-in lies on the trend. This is a very good sign. It means that I'm making consistent changes and that I'm making sustainable changes.

So I'll stick with it.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment