Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breaking Through

My goal right now is to break through the 170 barrier.

This morning, I weighed in at 170.8, which is about 3 lbs lower than I've been weighing all week. I think that this is mostly due to actually biking to dinner last night, making good choices in food, and tracking (even my little nibbles).

Today, I am planning on doing the 7 minute HICT (or walk the loop that is next to my office) at lunchtime and then walk over to the grocery store to get lunch items. I also plan on doing yesterday's strength workout that I missed because I was having date night with my man, and in the morning, I was putting together our new bed (oh my goodness, it is heaven!).

We are preparing for James to officially move out of his apartment (in which he hasn't stayed overnight in MONTHS) by redoing the bedroom in the house so that it suites both of us, and fits both of us. We are also rehauling the house, room by room, so that we have enough space and storage for all of his stuff, and all of my stuff.  We will probably need to have a garage sale, or several.

Anyways, back to the plan!

I want to fit into the smaller jeans in a couple weeks, if not next week. This means that I really, actually, have to give a care.

And in July, I will be leading a challenge group, both for my own accountability, and to help those of you who want/need some accountability.

I got started on this whole thing by committing to a Beachbody Challenge Group back in January, and I am SO happy that I did. It was a great group of people all struggling, just like me, but committed to improving our health. I honestly just want to pass along the favor and also commit to the challenge myself. Leave a Comment with your email address, or mail it to katieworksout@beachbodycoach.com I will be creating a private group on Facebook for all of us to keep in touch through.

What's in a Challenge group?


It will be a small group of people who commit to getting a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day for 30 days, getting all of their vitamins and minerals, and making incremental changes to their diet to eat cleanly. I will be encouraging you through the 30 days.

Don't have a multivitam?


You can get one at your local drugstore, or you can have a healthy shake that has all of the vitamins by signing up for Shakeology & forgoing your morning Starbuck's. You can order Shakeology here.

 I recommend the regular chocolate flavor & using a blender.

Don't know what exercise to do? 


I can help you decide what works best for your fitness level, your likes, and your goals. 

Beachbody has programs that suit LOTS of people and they have built in schedules that are programmed to get your the results you want. The schedules usually last 90 days and beyond, so you're not just paying for a month of workouts, you're paying for YEARS of workouts.



Don't want to do a Beachbody program? 


That's fine, too! Make a schedule of walking/running/cycling and body weight exercises that only require a pair of shoes and some support clothing! 

The key is to have a schedule, and stick to it! If it's not written down, I know that I rarely complete it. If I just leave my daily exercise up to 'whatever I feel like' I will feel like sitting on the couch and doing 12oz curls.

So join me?

~Katie

PS I was just reading my blog feed, and I ran across this article from Zen Habits and it is so applicable to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment