Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project Day 2

Yesterday was lovely. We walked around downtown Denver, ate a brilliant brunch at Snooze, then wiled away the early afternoon sampling beers and taking the tour at Great Divide Brewery. 

I knew that we needed to be ready to drive half an hour away at 5:30 pm, so I did quite well at moderating my beverage selection given the plethora of options.

We drove out to meet James' best friend from high school & freshman year roommate, who will be one of the groomsmen. They brought us to this adorable pizza joint up in the mountains. The pizza was to die for. They specialize in what they call mountain pie. The crust is thick & fluffy, great for dipping. We chatted & had a great time. It was great to see James & his friend reliving old times. You can tell how close they are.

My body was not behaving itself, and I hope I didn't ruin first impressions by having to make a swift getaway at the end of the night. 

All in all, we had a lovely day. Now, I'm going to see if we have gym access and get in a workout so we can go eat breakfast! We still haven't bought groceries, so dining out, it is!

~Katie
Mantra: I am a curious person who loves learning new things about people & places.

No comments:

Post a Comment