Monday, October 21, 2013

Maintenance

My goal for the next few weeks of my project is on maintenance. I've been good at taking the baby steps of interrupting negative self-beratement, and looking at situations more objectively.

I've have trouble biting off more than I can chew, and so I'm trying to stick with slow & steady. The need to just shut down still creeps in. The piling up of all the things to do and the nagging of all of the things in the back of my mind is still difficult to deal with.

We have so many meetings, appointments, and social engagements that it is difficult to say no in order to stay home &:
Clean up the backyard
Fix the sink
Fix the ceiling fan
Set up the studio
Work out
Sort through my books
Do the laundry
Clean & organize the front room
Make the bed
Etc

There are appointments that need to be made. There are some things that I could probably let go. And it's not easy to prioritize them. I can't do it alone. And I don't want to just drag someone else into doing it.

I need to work on communication & asking for help.

I need to take a long, serious, objective look on what I am okay with letting fall to the side. And also a long look at what the important things are.

I have time again! I can be social, but am looking at finding a balance. Most of what I'm struggling with is in the realm of maintenance. 

Maintaining my relationships
Maintaining my business
Maintaining my home
Maintaining my body & mind
Maintaining my career

And they all work together in balance. 

I tend to let one or two sections throw off the balance. My home, my mind, and my body often get the short end of the stick. Which ends up throwing off the rest. Time to dedicate parts of each week, or even day, to maintaining all of the parts of my life. And not just allowing time for fun, but making the maintenance fun.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment