Wednesday, October 30, 2013

First Rest Day of the New Schedule

And I still haven't taken those photos!

That's okay. I may not take photos this week. I do need to take my measurements, at the least, just so I have a benchmark to see where I've come from.

As with most programs, I can't see the forest for the trees, unless I break it down visually. So I decided to do just that. Stars are where I will be taking measurements/photos (except that first time).

Colors:
Red is for the Fire workouts, which are intense cardio
Yellow is for the HIIT workouts
Purple is for the Stretch 40 days
Green overlay is for Strength workouts
Blue overlay is for the Core/Abs workouts


Once I did that, I could see the themes for the different sections. I could see how they build on each other.
Week 1: Build up. Sets the stage, gets the body moving.
Weeks 2-4: First HIIT cycle. 2 HIIT, 3 Fire, 1 Strength, 1 Ab, 1 Long Stretch workouts each week
Weeks 5-7: First Cardio/Strength cycle. 5 Fire, 2 Strength, 1 Ab, 1 Long Stretch workouts each week
Week 8: First Recovery. 4 Fire, 2 Ab, 1 Long Stretch workout
Weeks 9-12: Second HIIT cycle. 3 HIIT, 3 Strength, 3 Fire workouts each week
Week 13: Second Recovery. 3 Fire, 2 Long Stretch, 2 Rest Days!
Weeks 14-15: Second Cardio/Strength cycle. 5 Fire, 2/3 Abs, 2 Strength, 1 Long Stretch workouts each week
Week 16: Third Recovery. 4 Fire, 2 Abs, 1 Long Stretch workouts
Weeks 17-19: Third HIIT cycle. 3 HIIT, 3 Fire, 3 Abs, 3 Strength workouts each week
Week 20: Final Recovery. 3 Fire, 2 Abs, 2 Long Stretch workouts

Each section intensifies in time and scope. Weeks 17-19 will take some major motivation, but it will totally be worth the results, right?

This finishes 7 weeks before the wedding, so I may do Focus T25 or ChaLEAN during those weeks.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment