Thursday, February 27, 2014

Starting Anew

One thing that I like about weight watchers is that you start anew each week. Did I go over & beyond all of my points last week by 90 someodd points? Yep. But today begins a new week! I have a clean slate & have goals to meet!

Also, I ran today to make up for missing it yesterday. This morning, it was about 38 degrees at sunrise (6:45 am). I had NO idea how to dress for that. Really. Not a clue. I used to live where it snowed & now have no idea what to wear when the temperature drops below 50 degrees.

So, I took to google aka the oracle, and she told me that there's this great website where you can enter your sex, temp, time of day, wind conditions, weather conditions,whether you prefer to be cold, hot, or in between, and how hard your run will be, and it tells you what to wear. http://m.runnersworld.com/what-to-wear

So I wore:
Socks
Shoes
High impact sports bra
Exercise capris
Long sleeve active long underwear shirt
Regular exercise shirt
My coral dayglo running jacket
Fingerless gloves with mitten flaps

I was perfectly comfortable and took off the gloves halfway through the run.

My phone crapped out after 10 minutes, so I don't have all the stats, but I ran about 2.7 miles in around 30 minutes. The last few blocks were at a sprint in order to beat the recycling truck home so that I could bring our bin to the curb. However, James' car was blocking the gate on the driveway and The space left was about 10 inches too small for the bin. So I ran inside yelling for him to move his car, exhausted from my run, the sprint, and the sense of urgency to get the recycling out. This took him completely by surprise and he freaked out thinking I was hurt, and we missed the recycling pickup, and garbage pickup once again. All in all, it was a rather amusing scene, at least to me.

Someday, I will learn to just put it out the night before.

Today is weigh in & weight watchers meeting at lunchtime, then I'm going back to the dermatologist to have a follow up on my fitbit reaction & see what I can do to help it heal faster & without scarring too much.

Here's a picture of what I decided to wear to work today. I think the run clouded my judgement of how many shades of red/orange/pink are okay to mix.

Never mind, I still don't think you can overdo it with these colors. Coral forever is my mantra.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment