Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Of Note

Today was the Burn Intervals day, which I needed for the extra 9 points. 

During the workout, I noticed some major improvements I've made. Since this is the program schedule I was doing this time last year, I can look back & see how far I've really come.

1. When I go from the runner's lunge to the hamstring stretch, I can both go all the way into the runner's lunge & pull out of it & transition to the hamstring stretch without pause or putting my foot down/dragging. I could not go into the full  runner's lunge for a number of months & still had to drag my foot across the ground long after that.
2. The W lifts in the bicep interval. I'll admit that this is the first time I got through them without putting the weights down, giving up completely, or doing plain bicep curls only. Seriously. This exercise gets me every time. The move involves the Deltoids, which is a total weak spot for me. Guess what? I did them the whole way through. With 5 lb weights, even (I tend to go down to the 2 lbs weights for the more trying moves).
3. I can run. No, seriously. I can actually run again without stopping & needing to walk. Even in high school, after only a couple months off, my first 5k was at a slower pace than I've clocked out this week. And it would wreck me. I would be sore for days.
4. I finished my 20 burpees, with good form, in less time than they did. I didn't step out, either. I jumped for all 20. Went out into plank and then jumped up. And was surprised.
5. I'm sure there's a Five, but I can't quite recall it right now.

That's what I call serious progress!


~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment