Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sticking To It

Some days, it's incredibly difficult to stick to my given Weight Watchers Points. I've pretty much given up any hope of being out of the red this week. Pizza at girls night sealed the deal. 

But that doesn't mean I am going into today with a mindset to eat everything (as much as I wish I were). Instead, I went for a run this morning. And I plan on having a quiet night at home this evening. Not full of snacks and not full of sitting on my tuckus. It's chore night!

So without further ado: my workout recaps.

Last night, before the pizza and girls night, I did Push Circuit 2. It's heavily focused on the shoulders, with some lunges thrown in for balance. And oh, the shoulders. I've increased my shoulder press weights, but really need to start pushing that (ba dum ching). The delts kill me every time. I have managed 12.5 lbs and want to push to 15 lbs by the end of the 4 weeks. The lunges are again limited by how long I can grip 30 lbs dumbells. I'd like to get to 35 lbs soon.


This morning was a run. I did just under a 12 minute mile pace and ran for about 30 minutes. I just couldn't kick myself out of bed early enough to run for 45 minutes. But I did manage to escape from the very comfy bed! Pretty good little run. I've set a goal to increase my pace to a 10 minute mile in a month or so. Then I'll be able to run farther in my alotted time. Right?


Don't you love my dayglo coral running jacket? Much visibility. Wow. So windstop.

~Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment