Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Take A Step Back

Yesterday was an emotional day. And I didn't go in prepared. 

I've been trying to listen and pay attention to what my body is telling me. I've noticed a pattern, and then promptly forgot about it. 

Like most women, I have days that are rather hormonally influenced. And yesterday was that day.

On days like yesterday, I find it difficult to see the positive. I find it difficult to view most things rationally. I take everything as a failure on my part. Most of those days end up with me in tears at some point.

So this is my look-back. My reframe.

1. I have made progress. I am significantly stronger & more fit than I was last year.

2. I will look great in my big white dress. I chose it because it makes me feel pretty and happy. That will not change.

3. I made a couple good decisions last night. Rather than crumble and eat my emotions last night, I made a calming cup of tea. There are goo goo clusters & Girl Scout cookies in my house, so the ease of access was there. I chose, instead, to drink a soothing cup if tea & take a bath. (I had Shakeology for dinner, as well)

4. I reached out to talk through my turmoil rather than swallowing it & let it fester.

5. At the end of the day, I have an amazing support network, I have not given up on my journey to health, I have the love of an amazing fiancé, and I have muscles.

So all in all, things aren't that bad. I just needed to reframe my view.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment