Thursday, March 27, 2014

End of Day: Making Up

Making up a workout.

I skipped yesterday, but seeing how much I love the challenge of pushing myself a little heavier & to one more rep each week, I could not do with letting this second week go of the Lean Circuit.

My weight watchers weigh in wasn't great. But I'm convinced the gain wasn't bad. I would be kidding myself if I wasn't keeping myself from rolling my eyes half of the meeting. But then I have to remind myself that I gained 10 pound when I stopped going to meetings, so I'm not a genius guru or anything.

So. Lean Circuit 2. Deltoids & lats. And more push-ups. I've accepted my body's stance on push-ups. I'm guessing I messed up my right elbow while I was training for the MS150 a couple years ago and had that big crash & stitches. Why? Well, because that elbow has a difficult time staying solid during push-ups. I either have to not straighten it (bad for plank, too) or shift around in it every time I get to the top of the push-up. Doesn't hurt, but it always feels weird. So, I don't push myself to go to my ties as much as I could. 

My Deltoids are becoming stronger, though! Last time I went through ChaLEAN, I don't think I got past 7.5 lb lifts. Now, I'm right between 10 & 12.5 lbs. Progress!


~ Katie

PS The wedding is coming up! I'm so excited, it just doesn't compute. Sharing that moment with family & friends and then starting our marriage. It's just beyond my comprehension sometimes. I keep reminding myself that this is real life & I won't just wake up one day to find it was all some dream. And it's a real life that I will work every day to make sure it stays real.

No comments:

Post a Comment