Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fix?

At this point, I'm three meals into the first day of the 3 day quick fix.

Yesterday, I did a 'normal' 21 day fix day, and was fine up until I decided to have that artichoke before my workout. Bad decision, Katie. I started the workout, but had to stop due to my tummy being in knots.

Today, I started the 3 day fix. I figure if I prepped all that food, I'm going to eat it! Waste not, want not.

I botched the yam steaming. I had steamed the salmon I got as backup because that Halibut went out the door without passing my lips. And I needed steamed yam for the second meal of the day, along with chicken. So I just plopped that yam onto the steamer, set the timer for 20 minutes, and did the dishes (ALL OF THE DISHES!). Guess what I forgot to do?

Check the water level.

Buzzer goes off, and I take the lid off, surprised at the lack of steam, and then realize that there's a slightly burnt smell. Yup, totally burned my new steamer pot.

I'm telling you, I'm winning at this whole cooking thing. I burned the quinoa on Sunday. I forgot to stir the steel cut oats, so they overflowed (but were still tasty). I cooked horrible fish smell into my house.

Most of these are things that I can normally do in my sleep. I've just been so absent minded (more than usual) of late.

And I haven't done a full workout since yesterday's run.
Because I have the worst heartburn/upset tummy ever!

I'm trying really hard to just sit back and focus on all of the good things, and I'm succeeding most of the time, really.

The one thing that I'm just going to have to let slide in preparation for the wedding is getting the house ship-shape. Because guess what? I'm really not that tidy of a person. We have too small of a space for the amount of pets we have and hobbies we have. We have a kitten who thinks that tearing up the blinds is fun, and so the blinds all need to be replaced. And that's just not going to change in the next month. I've accepted that. Sortof. I'm sure I'll change my mind next week when I decide that the house needs to be pressure washed, the front room needs a complete overhaul, and we need to have a garage sale yesterday. And somehow get all of that done while both of us work full-time, I'm cooking meals, and we're both working out, and would like to get sleep.

Will people judge me when they come over to visit or help or stop in? Sure. But it's just not worth the added stress. They'll just have to accept it and move on.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment