Friday, January 3, 2014

Switching Gears. New Year, New Program.

I only got about halfway through the TurboFire program and I hit a motivational wall.

I love the workouts, but I was just not doing them, and I was missing weeks of workouts.

I started this blog last year. A year ago, two weeks from now. I have made headway, I'm much stronger now than I was when I started this. I can fit into clothes that made me feel like a sausage in casing last year.

And I was flagging in motivation this past month.

I'm going to keep doing at least one TurboFire routine each week, but I'm switching back to ChaLEAN Extreme. The 17 week program leads right up to the wedding, and it's guaranteed to get my back, shoulders, and arms into fighting order.

I miss my weights. They make me feel powerful, and it's something that I can measure my progress by. It's not just getting through the workout more easily, or being able to give more power into a kick, it's increasing the weight that I use, and doing more reps. Measured.

I actually was impressed that I will need to increase the weight I use for the posterior deltoids from 7.5 to 10 pounds!



So last night I did Burn Circuit 1. Today is my rest day, but I'm cutting my rest days down to 1 for this and doing a TurboFire workout on this rest day each week. It's between two weight workouts, so I can either do a HIIT or a Fire workout. Tonight, I may do a HIIT, like HIIT 25 to kick it up a notch.

This is what the workouts will look like, including the last month of cycling through the different phases.


I am committed to this. I'm excited. My goal is ZERO missed workouts. ZERO!

This literally brings me up to the Thursday before my wedding. I can't believe there are only 17 weeks left. That's crazy!

Tracking food intake through Fitbit, and motion and then committing to my workouts. I should be able to kick this last bit to the curb. I'm so much stronger than I was this time last year. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment