Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Holidays

We're back from our vacation to Nova Scotia!

We left to fly all day on Christmas Day and arrived to a full farmhouse of family, and feet of snow on the pasture!

We spent 3 days frolicking in the snow, playing games with the nephews, making food, eating food, drinking and spending quality time with our family. There was so much snow! It was absolutely beautiful, and we spent many hours outside sledding, hiking, and just plain having fun. I beat my steps goal every single day we were there, which is probably why I didn't come back having gained 10 pounds (only 2).

I was so busy having fun that I didn't take a single photo. Really. So I'll have to update sometime later when I can take some photos from James, who did take many photos.

I got back to knitting this past week or two, which I love. It's relaxing and it is a method of meditation for me.

In the new year, I'm doing my month of detox.
No alcohol in January, and I'm focusing on adding in some routines to my life to help to make me feel better about my abilities as a responsible adult.

One thing I started doing this week is doing a set of 10 pushups whenever I take a moment to think about it (which means I'll be doing 10 very soon, indeed). 10 is few enough that I'm not going to break a sweat, but enough that it is sometimes a struggle to really pound out that last one. I'm still on my knees, but something is better than nothing. I can do 10 in my office in just a few minutes, without disturbing anyone, it pumps some blood into my brain and refreshes me. Just trying to add little things into my day.

I also need to start taking small walks during the workday so that I keep my step count up.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment