Friday, December 6, 2013

Another Day, Another Workout

It may come as no surprise that I'd struggle through the holidays. Meals and parties lead to much indulgence on my part. I love a good party. I love to celebrate.

I will tell myself that I deserve pizza because I've had a rough day. And eat half of the pizza, then suffer gastrointestinal issues and a couple pounds of water retention. And then I'll struggle through a workout, finishing half of it because I didn't eat well enough to fuel the workout. Or I'll just give up halfway through because I waited too long and am running out of time.

I am struggling.

And I accept that. I'm also working through it. I could have forgone my workout today and given myself a bunch of excuses, but instead, I squeezed into my workout clothes (all the while regretting the giant mirror showing how my body reacts to the contortions of donning a sportsbra), and did my workout.

I didn't dog my workout, either. This week, my workouts have mostly consisted of barely getting into or past the aerobic zone. But today, today I even got into the anaerobic zone and the VO2 Max a bit. I almost quit halfway through, but I didn't! I took a small break and got right back to it.


So, while I struggle against blaming myself and then comforting that blame with food and beverage, I'm not going to let it stop me. I will continue this journey. 

To infinity, and beyond!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment