Thursday, August 15, 2013

Emotions

Over vacation, James & I were officially enfianced! YAY!



He proposed on a walk on the sandbars in Nova Scotia & I said yes before he could finish.

And now, 10 days in, I am an emotional crazypants.

Last night, I got all upset over things that were really not a big deal. I knew this in my head, and still, all alone, I ugly cried, and my head kept spinning everything into the worst case scenario.  But I've learned something about myself over the years. When I'm wallowing & spinning down the never ending spiral of pessimism, I need to reach out. I need to connect with someone, explain how I'm feeling, and why, and then I can begin to see the side that is not crazypants.

I got home from work and rather than working out, which would have been constructive in working out frustration, but I'd still be inside my own head, I poured a beer, and called my sister, texted a friend, and my fiance. I talked for a couple hours. It was good. I voiced my concerns, voiced why my concerns were throwing me for a loop, and then moved on and just started talking planning going forward. It was good. My fiance got home and we snuggled on the couch talking things out.

And then we had movie night, with popcorn, and cookies, and beer.

So, I didn't get a workout in. I didn't get very healthy eating in. But I did face my crazy, address my concerns, and calm down. All in all, it was exactly what I needed.

I'm listening to my body and mind and giving it what it needs (and sometimes what it just plain wants).

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment