Thursday, January 31, 2013

Food

So.

Food.

For me, this is difficult. I love food. I also love filler.

You know, filler. It's the extra. It is not food, but you put it in your mouth, and eat it, and it tastes good. But it's not good for you?

Candy.
Cake.
Ice Cream.
BURGERS.
PIZZA.

I've been doing quite well for the past week and a half on my eating.  I've found that I really do like the food that comes from My Fit Foods. It encourages having 5 meals a day. And most meals are gluten free and have a significant ratio of protein, and always a green veggie.  I've been going for 4 meals lately. But sometimes. Sometimes, I still fall back into the old habit of stopping by the CVS after lunch and grabbing a bag of candy and pretty much hoovering the whole thing in less than an hour.

Yes. It's a horrible habit. It's stress caused and just causes more stress. But I have figured out that I do still crave my sweets and my desserts. But I don't want them to have as much influence on my waistline.

So. Planning. I've been able to stick to the plan for the mostpart.

My schedule for the past week or so has been:

7:30 am Wake up.
Get Ready.
8:30 Shakeology while headed to work
Noon: Lunch.
3 or 4 pm: Snack.
5:30 or 6 pm: Home.
15-20 minutes later: Workout.
7:30 or 8 pm: Dinner.

Sometimes I munch a protein granola bar in between getting home and working out. It depends on how I feel. I'm trying to only do that when I feel that I would not be able to complete the workout.

And then after dinner, I'll have a beer or two while reading or watching some TV with my boyfriend before bed.

Now, I've moved my workout to the mornings so that I can do events after work. These past two weeks, I've tried to keep all of my BeerSox work on the weekends, but that didn't last long. Tonight, I have a Pub night. Hopefully, I'll be able to focus on what portion of food I want and focus on meat and a bit of green veggie and maybe a small amount of starch. But can't let myself go full on burger mode.  I cheated last night with dinner because I knew it'd be easy and I'd been craving it for a couple of weeks. French Toast. There's a little bit of egg, right? But seriously, I could have made something else. I just need to plan ahead and make sure that I have the right ingredients on hand.

Food. I dream about it. I love it.
I just need to remember that I also have goals and physical fuel needs that go beyond grease & carbs.

I got jello (sugar free and fat free) to make to keep a little dessert on hand for when I want to have that something extra. I just need to make it and store it so that I grab it rather than go down to the corner store.

Right?

~Katie

3 comments:

  1. my sister is working on starting a menu planning subscription service that will send you 5 dinner recipes and a shopping list each week. every sunday Mike and I sit and plan our week's menu over coffee, and then go grocery shopping for just what's on our list. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions, or menu planning tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, That's the next step! Right now, I feel like I'm still getting my bearings recalibrated on serving size for meals. Once that's down, James and I can probably start doing the shopping and making up of meals and divying them up on Sundays for the rest of the week. Hopefully, I'll be able to dedicate that time to it.

      Delete
  2. I've found that if I have just 1 or 2 squares of VERY dark chocolate (86%), it helps satisfy my sweet tooth without breaking the calorie bank. It's so dark that it's hard to eat more than just 2 square (a full serving is 4 squares) & dark chocolate is good for your heart.

    ReplyDelete