Tuesday, March 31, 2015

On Tuesdays, We Take Photos

And apparently, we wear our bangs twisted back and our hair up...

St. Patrick's Day! Had to wear my green and wear my gold shoes!

I think that this non-maternity shirt sang its swan song at week 31!

Still one of my favorite maternity dresses.

I wish I had a photo of me in my bikini from this weekend, but I tried to unplug as much as I could. James and I spent the weekend away at the beach and getting spa treated as an early anniversary/babymoon trip. I swear that I got a bit of color. I was asked how long I had to go many times, and when I said 2 months, most people's eyes bugged out. Yes, I will get bigger. Yes, I still have 7 weeks before we meet our baby.

I've been keeping track of my weight on my home scale, and right now, am up 23 pounds from when I got pregnant. I have not been paying attention to what the scale at the doctor's office says and looked at it last week. The difference in weight between home and there was over 15 pounds! So I'm just going to keep ignoring it and focusing on the consistent scale that I weigh on at home, in the buff, after my morning routine rather than at the doctors office fully clothed and I may or may not have had breakfast or food. No need to freak myself out over it if I'm staying well within range of weight gain at home and my doctor isn't harassing me.

I have noticed that my cheeks are starting to puff up a bit more now that I'm so far along.
The belly is bigger every single day, and putting on walking shoes is becoming something that I have to ask my husband for help with.
Heartburn is a daily ritual starting at 2 pm. 
I crave burgers, and have the dining habits of a college kid.
I have a love affair with Noosa yogurt that I'm sure I won't be able to continue when I don't have the pregnancy excuse. It is delicious, but it has a high sugar content from the mix-ins and it's rather expensive. I'll have to go back to plain yogurt with fresh fruit.
The baby likes to have a rave starting at 10:30 pm and going until about 12:30 am. I'm sure if I had an ultrasound, that baby would have glow sticks.
I keep wondering what the baby likes and how s/he'll react to our voices and what s/he'll look like and if s/he'll like music.
The nursery is the very slightest touch more done. We have a mattress in the crib and paint colors tested and picked (I went through about 4 trips to the paint store before deciding on the final colors).
I have pretty much decided that jeans and dresses with leggings are going to see me through the rest of this pregnancy.
We have some names picked out, but you never know.

I already love this baby so much. I can't wait to see this goober's personality develop and get to know him or her!

~Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment