Tuesday, April 28, 2015

36 Weeks

By now, I'm 36 weeks along in my pregnancy, and boy, has April been an eventful month!

First up was Easter! We had my sister and her brood in town for a week, which was so much fun, that I forgot to take any photos. I cantored at Easter Sunday Mass, and we had a grand old time!



The next weekend, my group of girl friends threw a wonderful shower with my mom. The theme was "Wild" and they did such a great job with the food and decorations. It was so much fun to hang out with everyone and see some friends that I haven't had the energy to go out and see as much through the pregnancy.


I finished the first baby knitting project, a Baby Surprise Jacket! It was a quick knit and I'm glad that my baby will have at least one handknit ready to go when s/he arrives!


The third weekend in April, my PRBC (Post Rehearsal Brew Crew) group threw James and I a baby shower at the Flying Saucer in conjunction with each of the hosts earning a plate on the wall! A good time was had by all, and my choir friends were able to celebrate our impending arrival with us.




At 35 weeks, we finally started getting things put together in the nursery, building the dresser and putting away baby onesies. We're still not quite finished with the nursery, but we're getting closer and closer with every day that passes. Soon enough, we'll have art on the walls and books on shelves.








Which brings us to the 36th week. Only 3 more weeks until my scheduled c-section, and I'm starting to feel better from a cold I caught last week. There is nothing more miserable than being heavily pregnant and sick at the same time (okay, that's hyperbole, but it's not fun). I'm breathing freely again, and am looking forward to what May has to offer us! James's birthday, our anniversary, starting maternity leave, the arrival of our bundle of joy, family and friends coming in town to visit!


 ~Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment