Tuesday, March 10, 2015

29 Weeks, and Counting

Today marks the first day of my 29th week carrying this kiddo.


I'm still within 20 pounds of my starting weight (yay!), but I haven't been that active through my pregnancy. One of my Lenten commitments is to take Riley for a walk on the non-rainy days (that I get home from work at a decent hour). I've been able to stick to about 4 days a week, and we walk about a mile, sometimes only 3/4 of a mile. My bladder can only take about that much.

Re-adjusting to a normal diet will be interesting once the baby comes. I've been craving all of the junky comfort foods and totally giving into the cravings. I think James will be very happy when I don't have the pregnancy excuse for wanting to order pizza every third night or have hot dogs and mac & cheese for dinner. Desserts are also a common presence in my world. I love them.

So: not the healthiest eating during this pregnancy. I'm working at getting some quality food into my system each day. I eat at least one tub of yogurt a day. I have also been keeping fruit around to curb my sweet tooth. This week, it's cuties. I could eat them by the half dozen, which doesn't do anything for my reflux, but it's better than reaching for a cookie or a cupcake. I'm glad that I don't have gestational diabetes because I would be in real trouble struggling to stick with a low-carb diet right now. My numbers for the test were great, and my insulin is doing its job so that there is none leftover to make the baby fat.

I've been fortunate that I don't have any major gripes about pregnancy. My body's been doing really well, and I actually have a better body image while pregnant than I did in the months before getting pregnant. Maybe it's because the extra padding I have is easily explained by being where it should be. Maybe it's because I'm not having adverse swelling. Maybe it's because of a hormonal glow. I still have a waist, when I look from the front.

I have a few aches that will probably get worse with the coming weeks, especially around my ribcage and my hips, but that's to be expected.

The baby is moving around like it's dancing at a Mahoney wedding.
We've finally got the nursery underway!

I am glad I didn't hold out on ordering the crib because the lagoon color is not available anymore.
I did wait too long on the fabric for the crib skirt I originally wanted, but that's okay. It means that I got to choose a different scheme that isn't dedicated to any one icon. It's all about color.


YAY!


Okay. Finally and update, you're welcome.
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment