Friday, May 2, 2014

Weighing In

Every so often, I get to a point where I feel like working out is just not worth it.

I know how I'd been eating, and I know how the parties have affected my waistline. Those are the times when it's really easy to tell myself that a 30 minute workout is just not going to do anything. I tell myself that I can skip it. Not like it's going to make a difference. Right?

How do I get myself back into the habit of valuing my workouts? The pride of not missing a workout day just doesn't cut it for me. I have to WANT it.

How do I get there when I'm just not seeing the value?

I started weighing in.

Before my workout. And then after my workout.

I know that it's mostly water from sweat, but seeing a change of 1+pounds makes me feel like that workout was worh it. It's making a difference. It's helping mitigate that piece of tres leches cake last night, or that extra glass of beer.

And that's what's getting me back in the habit. (Okay, so I have to get back in the habit every other week. At least I remotivate over and over rather than letting myself completely slide?)

~Katie

PS. I'm getting married today! I also just went for a jog!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment